The Exciting Health Benefits of CBDa
While a lot of medical and media attention has been on the healing qualities of cannabis compound known as CBD, its acidic precursor (CBDa) is now gaining noteworthy research as well.
Here’s what we know are Health Benefits of CBDa
- Antibacterial: CBDa combats and slows the growth of bacteria in bacterial infections and conditions, including common maladies such as ear infections, gonorrhea, meningitis, strep throat, and ulcers.
- Anti-emetic: CBDa helps reduce and even eliminate nausea and vomiting.
- Anti-inflammatory: CBDa helps reduce inflammation throughout the body for such conditions as arthritis and Crohn’s disease.
- Anti-proliferative: CBDa has tumor-shrinking capability and helps prevent the spreading of cancer cells, including breast cancer cells.
What Is CBDa and CBD? What are their differences?
So what is CBDa? It is the raw compound, known as cannabinoid acid, contained within the cannabis plant. CBD is the derivative form, resulting when heat is applied to CBDa. CBD and CBDa have very similar properties, and CBDa is the precursor to CBD.
CBDa differs from CBD in some key ways, described below.
|Raw and acidic||Heated and non-acidic|
|Obtained by juicing the raw plant leaves or cold-processing the cannabis oils||Heated. There are various methods of heating which include baking, smoking and vaporizing (also known as vaping)|
|No psychoactive effects||No psychoactive effects|
With any medicinal remedy it is essential to only use pure, organic cannabis plants that are free of pesticides and other contaminants.
Top shelf CBDa
Top shelf CBDa comes from organic locally grown marijuana flowers and leaves. It practically never comes from industrial hemp, which is a hardier plant and almost always heated or boiled during processing. As mentioned above, when heated, CBDa becomes into CBD.[A note about Industrial hemp CBD: Some CBD suppliers produce hemp CBD made from leftover industrial waste product, which often contains pesticides and poisonous toxins, obviously rendering it unfit for consumption and void of any nutrition. Be choosy and only get pure organic products.]
The “Entourage Effect”
The health benefits of CBDa indicate that it works well in conjunction with the other cannabinoids, including THC, THCa, and CBD, in what is known as the “entourage effect.” This is also a form of whole plant medicine, when all derivative forms of the plant work together for even greater efficacy.
- Cold processed oil capsules. Buy Pure Soma CBDa oil capsules here
- Cold processed tinctures Buy Pure Soma CBDa tinctures here
- Fresh cannabis flowers – usually juiced, but never heated.
In approved US States, patients with recommendations for medicinal marijuana can choose from several cannabis products, such as the following:
- Cannabis oil: Available for ingesting in capsules or drops, or inhaling while vaping.
- Cannabis flowers: Primarily used for juicing, smoking or in creating edibles, such as brownies and caramels.
- Cannabis resin: Primarily used in dabbing, when users heat and then inhale the vapor.
NOTE: For California Residents Only
If you live in California and have a physician recommendation for medical marijuana, you can sign up for an account online with the Green Soma medical marijuana dispensary. Green Soma (named after “an ancient sacred cannabis drink”) derives its products from California locally grown marijuana plants.
You must have a California Medical Marijuana Card and list the doctor who recommended treatment with medical marijuana. Once Green Soma approves your account, usually within 48 hours, you can order products online.
Questions? Contact Us