Cannabis Oil Serving Size
Serving Size please.
Let’s find out what a serving size of cannabis oil is.
Cannabis oil is a very accurate way to take marijuana, and yet people experience it differently. The right dosage depends on the individual and condition being treated.
One really good thing about cannabis oil is you can precisely choose the level of euphoria, or “high”, you want. Some people want loads of raw health benefits without getting high at all. Others want varying degrees of euphoria with their medicine.
Cannabis (hemp or marijuana) naturally contains “cannabinoids”. You may know some of these. CBD, THC , THCa etc. Of the cannabinoids, THC is the one that can get you high when it’s heated. But how much of any of these cannabinoids is the right serving size?
CBD (1 – 50 mg)
CBD and CBDa (the raw version of CBD) are two key ingredients in cannabis that by themselves will not make you high. They’ve been shown to successfully treat many health conditions and even stop cancer cells from growing. (See article about National Cancer Institute findings >>) So if you’re combating a health issue, seriously consider them. Green Soma CBDa Oil is rich in CBDa and CBD. (See health issues CBDa supports.) [Note: Green Soma CBDa oil also contains 1.53 mg of activated THC, which is enough to experience a mild psychoactive high. See Entourage Effect below]
THC (up to 10 mg)
If the cannabis oil you’re taking has even a trace amount of heated THC, you may experience a high. The state of Colorado says 10 mg of THC equals one serving. “A single ‘serving,’ as applied to a marijuana-infused product, is defined in Colorado law as up to 10 milligrams of THC.”
Full Dose (5-10 Mg)
For some people, 10mg of THC is just right and might feel like 2-4 servings of alcohol. There are many benefits to having pure concentrated ACTIVATED THC. Here are two Green Soma oils that have 10 mg activated THC per capsule.
Medium Dose (1-5 Mg)
For other people under 5 mg of THC might feel like 2-4 servings of alcohol. Here is a Green Soma oil with 1.53 mg activated THC per capsule. per capsule.
Light Dose (under 1 Mg)
Still others prefer a trace amount of THC – less than 1mg of THC. This may produce a mild pleasant sensation without actually feeling “high” per se. Green Soma THCa oil has .5mg of THC per capsule. Many of our customers tell us this is the perfect amount during the day.
Combo – The “Entourage Effect”
When you have CBDs and THCs together in an oil, this can produce an “entourage effect” in the body. Many studies have shown that health benefits are maximized when CBDs and THCs are working together.
Green Soma has a two entourage oils. CBDa oil and THCa. See their health benefits here.
Considerations when consuming THC:
- Are you a beginner? Take it slowly and start with a conservative amount (5mg of THC or less.)
- It can take up to 2 hours for cannabis oil THC to take effect and can last several hours depending on the dose.
- Men are generally able to handle stronger doses of THC than women.
- Pure cannabis that is pesticide and chemical free is non-toxic, so it is safe to consume. If you do overdo it with THC, it will eventually wear off.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol or using any other stimulants when taking THC.
- Learn what your limits are and do not drive or operate equipment while under the influence of THC.
- Before you begin, consult a health professional for advice about dosage and whether it will interfere with any prescription drugs you are taking.
Here are some further guidelines as outlined by ProjectCBD.org:
- Begin with a low dose especially if you have little or no experience with cannabis. Take a few small doses over the course of the day rather than one big dose.
- CBD and THC work best together. CBD is non-intoxicating and THC is psychoactive. They interact to enhance each other’s therapeutic effects. This is called the “entourage effect”. Here’s a CBDa/THCa therapeutic oil.
- CBD tends to lessen the “high” effect of THC.
- Less is more. An excessive amount of CBD could be less effective therapeutically than a moderate dose. “Less is more” is often the case with respect to cannabis therapy.
- Find a good ratio for you. Cannabis products have varying amounts of CBD and THC. A high CBD or high THC product is not necessarily better.
- Use the same dose and ratio for several days. Observe the effects and if necessary adjust the ratio or amount.
- Be aware of possible side effects. Cannabis is a safe and forgiving medicine. Possible side effects are dry mouth, dizziness, faintness, anxiety and mood disorders.
- Consult your health counselor. Proceed cautiously, especially if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, mental illness, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Here are two other articles to help you find the right dosage.
Green Soma products are tested and labeled for potency, purity and dosage accuracy. Browse our shop and you’ll see that each product is labeled with exact dosages. Here is an example label for our CBDa Oil. See all Green Soma products here >>
Plus, sign up below for our newsletter and get a $10 off coupon!